In this talk, we cover the following:
- How to decide whether your child can download the latest app – even if his/her friends are all on it.
- How to establish the basic ground rules for screen use.
- How to REALISTICALLY control screen time without engaging ongoing battles and temper tantrums
- Setting up the screen for optimum safety.
- What are the dangers of the online world we need to be aware of even early on (predators, grooming, explicit content, legal responsibility and so much more
- When is the best time for your child to get a smartphone ?
- Entry level understanding of YouTube, Roblox, Fortnite, Snapchat, Discord and Instagram: what to be aware of and how to use them safely
- How to sustain connection with your child when the device is so much more appealing.
- How to start conversations around the hard stuff – accidentally finding inappropriate content, chatting to strangers etc.
- How to ensure you are your child’s first port of call when things go wrong online.
- Parent oversights in the early years
Suitable for parents of children aged 6-11